Saturday, December 06, 2008

A day in DC to a day in NYC!!


This weekend I made my way up to D.C. for the weekend. Friday my dad had the day off so we headed down town to look around. I got to meet the President! He is a little shorter than what you would think! (LOL)

Then it was down to the Capital. We were able to take a tour inside which was really cool. The best thing about D.C. is that everything is free so you can go and look around and not feel bad if you only have a hour or three.











A few more stops while we were down town!





Then on Saturday it was off to New York! Which I have never been. We went on a travel bus which was nice because you didnt have to worry about traffic of parking!



First stop was to get some breakfast! We got up at 4am that morning so by the time we got there we needed something!






Then you know me I forgot to bring a hat and it was a warm 30 something degrees so I talked a vendor down to $5 for a hat. worth every penny!


We stopped in at the M&M store. Sorry Shaun I was going to pick you up some peanut ones but they were $12 a lbs so I just took a picture by a big M&M!













After some shopping in a few stores or I should say waiting in long lines it was time for some lunch at Planet Hollywood!













































We ended the trip with a walk by the
Christmas tree and Radio city! Which was so packed you felt like a ping pong ball! We had a really good time! And we even got SNOW at my dad's house!!! Thank you Dad and LaAnna for having me up this weekend I had a great time!

4 comments:

ginger said...

Glad you had a fun time Jenny! And Obama's not that short either, you're just really tall :)

Why wouldn't you pay $12 for a pound of M&M's...that sounds pretty reasonable...NOT :) Thanks for thinking about Shaun though!

The Collier 4 said...

You nerd dont you know that it's cold up north. you have been in SC to long. Looks like you had a great time. I love New york!

Lindsay said...

Is your dad sporting a Capital City Cycles tee?! Thats awesome! Im so glad you had a good trip!

The Spradley's @ Shivers Green Rd said...

Great pics~except for Obama. You could've left that out...heehee!!

Also, I would like to order a BMW!